blog anne love contact siteinfo

The insignificant worm...
Friday, July 22, 2005 10:43 AM

... this morning caught my attention. I saw how hard it struggles to survive but failed. This is what happened...

I was half asleep while in the bus on my way to work. When it reaches the next stop, this lady got up the bus and sat beside me. As I was about to doze off, the lady beside started to have some very vigorous movement. For a moment I thought she had fits. -_-

Then I realized that she was trying to brush of a little wormy off her sleeve. I know how scary it is to find some insects on you. Yucks. Never mind about that... So, the next moment, I tried to find the wormy on the ground and yes, I saw it somehow still strong even it was swept so hard onto the ground. It starts to wriggle... in a very cute way which I don't know how to describe. I spent about 5 minutes staring at it... seeing it crawling from a safe corner to the dangerous walking path. Shit, I said to myself. At the rate it's crawling, it can never reach a safe spot without anyone stepping on it. So whenever the bus reaches a stop, I pray that no one will board the bus. But it's not working...

The bus reaches this stop with a helluv of passengers. The wormy was luckily as the 1st few passengers' shoe missed it. But all of the sudden, before I could react, it was stepped onto by a big slippers... Poor wormy… it was still trying hard to survive as I think only the back part of it was stepped on. I can still see the head wriggling.

So I thought, well, maybe it still has a very small chance to survive… So I continue to stare at it. But...

Suddenly we reach a stop where this guy wants to get off the bus. The poor wormy! Not only it was being stepped onto ONCE again… but also the body was being dragged and stuck onto the guy’s shoe. :(

What could happened within this few minutes changes a life... My... Life is so unpredictable...

Okie. I don't want to sound like some life philosopher. Just want to say... I seriously cherish life alot. Be it mine or anyone else's beside me...

I miss my buddies...

 0 comments >>

visitors since 2007